Friday, March 02, 2007

Got Bone?

I do!
Saw Dr. Watson for the 2-month follow up 1.5 weeks ago, and we still have good news. The tibia is "growing", seems to be on course, maybe 2-4 months to go. I have been wearing the air-cast, and still using the cane to ambulate, but have ditched the cane while at home, for short trips throughout the house. I think it's pretty cool that Dr. Watson is "almost" as pleased with the healing process as I am. He had a smile on his face when viewing the x-rays & consulting, the same way I do when I see a remodeling project I help design for a client, near completion.

It's been just about 2.5 years since this! I wish I could say that I miss those days, but I don't. Actually, I cannot see the day when I can walk, run, climb stairs etc. without pain, the cane and all of that jazz, but I know it's there. Time is on my side, I think. I can't wait for the moment that I can tell the Dr.'s & medical professionals that I hope I NEVER see them again, professionally that is.


Kristie, a friend of ours in Atlanta was chatting w/ G the other day, about her dog, Rome. G asked for a picture, and Kristie agreed. I think the conversation went like this: "Rome, Steve wants a picture of you for his BLOB" Rome replied: " Great, if he wants a picture, I'll give him one"


Here's Rome, sticking his tongue out at me!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home