Friday, January 26, 2007

Turtle Soup



A little while back, my cycling buddies were discussing my swim technique. Dr. Reid keeps telling me I need to be more streamline, smooth etc. like a fish in water. After a little discussion, they all decided that I was no more "fishlike" in the water, than a bicycle is to a truck, so they have been calling me "The Turtle", small, stout, and kind of cumbersome I think. That's OK with me. I've been called worse by better.

Dr. Reid & I decided to swim yesterday afternoon down at the riverplex. First time in about 6 weeks, and first time since surgery. I needed to get back in the routine, but didn't know what to expect. As I expected, it was fun, although a little painful. I had to dig into my "suitcase of courage" and just do it. The first one is always painful, and it gets easier from there. I got home last night, wiped out, ate some food, watched Transporter 2 (awesome flick) and went straight to bed, not knowing what I would feel like this morning.








Well, guess what? The morning came, and I feel like The Turtle needs to go to the turtle hospital. Just kidding, a little R&R will fix all of that, and I'll be back in the pool this weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home