Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year!!!



Happy New Year, and welcome to 2007! My dog, Sam started celebrating a little early, as her bedtime is 10pm.
I took this, just as G walked in the door this am from a 4 mile run. Not the greatest picture in the world, but tomorrow will be a new year, and a whole new set of memories.


When I think of the new year, I am pretty excited. I have faith in healing after the last round of surgery, but most of all I am thankful for the things I have in life. I have a wonderful wife & best friend, who I could not imagine going through life without, I have a great family and family-in-laws, I have supportive friends & training mates from all over who have never turned their back on me, and have been there whenever we needed them, I have a great business partner & friend in several businesses that we own together, I have trusting, hard working employees, Sam & Darbie are good doggies (most of the time), I am glad to be alive, as the alternative is probably not that wonderful!
Happy New Year to all, and I hope that your 2007 is as good as mine is going to be!

Here is the mallard duck & turtle that I bid on at a local fundraiser for Big Brothers Big Sisters Charity event. They are made by the "Little's" in the program, out of bowling pins. BBBS has been an organization that G&I have been following, and attending their fundraisers through a friend of ours, who is on their board. I applied to become a "BIG" to a local youth, as there is over 400 in the tri-county area alone who are on the waiting list. Mainly a "BIG" is someone to hang out with, and provide some leadership in their lives. I can't wait!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home