Sunday, July 29, 2007

Throw Me a Bone!!!!

Saw Dr. Watson last week for a couple of month visit. You know the drill, x-rays, patient room where Mia (Dr. Watson's assistant) & I guess what my blood pressure will be etc. etc. etc.
Better news this time, still some "remodeling" going on down there. Dr. Watson may want to do a nail replacement in the future though, we'll chat about that on my next visit in 4 months. I am not quite sure if that is a good or bad thing, time between appts. bu I have to believe that he knows what he is doing when it comes to this stuff.

This was pre surgery November of 06.









Here's last week. Still fractured, but getting better every...............month?



Went to St. Louis this weekend to chill out & celebrate G's birthday! Brought the bike with, to get some miles in. It was HOT & HUMID! Rode a couple of hours on Saturday am, while G ran 6+ miles over at Forest Park, one of the largest parks in the United States, approximately 500 acres larger than Central Park, NY.

Of course, Turtle Park is in Forest Park as well, so I stopped by & said hello to all of the turtles there, and wanted to see how they are doing.


From there, we went over to Grant's Farm. This is a must see if in St. Louis. They have over 1100 animals, tram-rides through the park, an authentic German style beer garden (where thy give away free beer) and a HUGE petting type zoo, with all kinds of animals like tortoises, camels, elephants and of course pygmy goats. I went into the pygmy goat area, and was brushing them with the brushes provided. Just then a couple of them noticed and came over to get brushed. When I stopped brushing one little guy, he head-butted me in the leg, and then started to eat my Crocs! I could not believe it. I was being attacked by a miniature goat!
We did breakfast in the room this am, so we could head off early & exercise. As we were leaving the hotel, the Head Concierge came over to me to chat about where I was riding etc. He mapped out a route for me, down to the Arch, and on the riverfront trail. He said he was a mountain biker, focusing on single speed bikes. He has a team that him & his buddies put together, based on Steven Segal, the action star! He has a pretty hilarious website http://teamseagal.blogspot.com/ about their adventures & love of Steven Segal.

Right when he mentioned Steven Segal, G looked at me & laughed! She has grown tired of having all of the Segal movies in our house through Netflix. Can you ever get enough Steven Segal though? I told The Badger about what happened, and he agreed that I have finally met someone as corny as me!


Great ride route that he gave me. About 39 miles through the heat & humidity, average about 180 watts, which was OK figuring in all of the stop lights & such!

Wonderful weekend for G's birthday & cycling. Got about 160 miles in last week, which is not bad considering I only rode 4 days. Five this week I hope!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home