Monday, April 30, 2007

Black & Tans for All!








Back, recovered & at it again. Spend some time in the saddle this weekend, riding, and getting back to my groove, I believe. Rode 2 hours in a 3 billion mile per hour wind on Saturday (I made it two blocks, kidding)
Sunday, I went out with The Badger and did another 2 hour ride. We went from Dunlap, IL, and I forgot all of the hills that needed to be "climbed". The good part of that is The Badger smokes me up, but then I have the mass x acceleration = force theory going on, as I weigh just a "little" more than The Badger, so I caught him on the way down. One benefit about riding like that outdoors, is my tan lines are starting to fill in nicely, aka: farmer tan. If I am not going to be fast on the bike, race & compete, I think I should look like I do!

After the ride, my "Little Brother" Ike & I headed over to the Glen Oak Zoo in Peoria. I have always loved the zoo, especially the seals, petting zoo and the reptiles.


Here's Sammy the Seal, right after he waved hello to me.






Terry the Tortoise was cool. He wanted me to take him home with us, but I told him we could not, as he had school the next morning.

I went through the zoo w/ The Ikester, and named all of the animals. He thought this was pretty corny, but hey? Am I not just a little corny?


Here's Ike & the dedication statue to Sammy the Seal! We saw all of the animals, and Ike got some temporary tattoos for himself & his Mom at the gift shop!

















1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve-O,

It's been awhile since we've checked out your site and hope all's well. Nice to read you've been on the bike and am betting you'll be involved in something bicyle racing on Memorial Day weekend. Play it safe and please say hello to all Mack'ers. Gordon & Janet - wishing you and yours the very best! Flash

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home