Friday, June 15, 2007

Revenge, by any other name is still revenge

Still riding, shooting for 5x per week. I had some time on Tuesday, so I decided to join my old Vision Quest Coaching buddies for their ride, in the middle of no-wheres-ville. Stan-O, Michaelson, The Badger & Myself took off for a casual warm up, and some speed work, when BLAM! My rear derailleur cable snapped, and I was out of commission. Live to fight another day, head back to the car, go home and spend the evening fixing the machine.

I decided to ride with the boys on Wednesday. The Badger, still licking his wounds from the humiliating whooping I threw on him last week decides that he shall get his revenge on The Turtle. Of course, the only way he can do this is through aero-advantages with his bike, defying physics, slicing through the air like a knife, also known as cheating (on a training ride that is).
He shows up on the ride with this machine. Every aero advantage that money can buy, disc wheel, aero bars, deep dish front wheel, 15 lbs of FAST!





This is what my bike looks like next to his.




Needless to say, The Turtle was sent several "pain-o-grams" issued by The Badger himself. I was dropped off the group several times, only to be picked back up, and dropped again, like they do in Professional Wrestling. I tried to stick to The Badgers wheel like glue. He would look back, smile at me with that badger grin, and then go harder. I could hear him laugh under his breath, as he heard my heart pounding about 200 beats per minute, hanging on for dear life, legs throbbing like a hangover headache.
At a stop, I mentioned to him that "you must really be enjoying this, huh" and his response was something to the effect of "what? were we going that hard? I didn't notice"


Turtle = Licking Wounds


Badger = Revenge on The Turtle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home