Saturday, June 09, 2007

8 Days a Week

Accomplished something that I have not done since September of 2006. I rode 5 days last week, and working on riding 5 days this week, 3 down so far, two to go. I plan on riding with my friend Robert this afternoon, then tomorrow am. Did 165 miles last week, and hope to get in about 145 this week. Nothing major here, but miles are miles, and they help clear the voices in my head who tell me to stay home, and play with Sam. (Oh, that really is Sam telling me that, and I thought I was crazy)

Had to go see Dr. Maxey yesterday am for another cortisone shot in my right butt cheek. This means that I get to see my favorite nurse in the whole world, Nurse Barb.

She was surprised to see me, as she thought the restraining orders she had taken out on me does not allow me within 1500 feet, BUT, being the resourceful turtle that I am, I contacted my attorney friends and found a loophole. The restraining orders do not cover "necessary medical treatments", ie: trips to see Dr. Maxey! Viola! Were in business. It's not my fault that Nurse Barb just happens to be Dr. Maxey's nurse, right?

We discuss the shot, chit chat etc. and I said that my file is looking pretty thin there on the desk. She explains that the rest of the 8" thick file is outside on the door, which includes copy's of all the restraining orders, legal paperwork etc. Oh well........

Nurse Barb, being the athletic type, is running in the annual Steamboat Classic next weekend in Peoria. 15K of hills & torture. Good luck to her, as she has placed 2nd in her age group, and hopefully she will pull off a "V" this time.

















Dr. Maxey comes in, slaps on the gloves, instructs me to drop the drawers, pull the scoobs back, and he says " you ready? this may hurt a little" as he stick what seems like 6 feet of needle in my butt, right where the two metal rods intersect inside the femur & pelvis, and injects. Over, done!
While there, I stopped in to see my old Physical Therapist, PT Steve as Square Jane was off for the day. I miss all of those people, but not NEAR enough to see them on a professional basis.
I hope to keep on my riding schedule, even if it is slow miles, you have to start somewhere I guess.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home