Friday, May 11, 2007

Turtles & Ducks

G&I spent a 4-day weekend at Lake of the Ozarks, Osage Beach, MO. last weekend We needed to get away for some time, as it has been a while. We have stayed the last couple of times at the most cool, secluded place in the area, the infamous "Mallard Point Resort"


G used to stay there as a kid, and it consists of several "cottages" that you can rent, as well as full houses etc. We always get cottage # 2, right on the water. Bruce, the owner is a really cool dude.
It's a 1 bedroom cottage, with a full kitchen, bathroom & awesome balcony to veg out on. We spent our time going out to eat a couple of nights, and ate spaghetti at home one night. It was awesome!








Here's the pic from our balcony, right out the back door. Perfect for a couple of afternoon naps in the sun, watching sunsets and having breakfast & coffee in the am.













G ran the trail every morning, and I went over to Ozark State Park to ride my bike, as the traffic is so bad in the area, unless you believe that you are tougher than a car (you're not) than you have to go to the park to ride. Did some loops in the park on Saturday & Sunday, and it was HOT & HILLY! Geez, I probably looked like the Oscar Meyer Weiner Mobile going up-hill on some of these climbs!
On Sunday's ride, I saw a bunch of turtles crossing the road (I think they were heading to church). I told G that they came out to cheer me on! There was one little turtle, named Edgar, who would stick his head out of his shell every time I passed and yelled, in turtle language of course "GO Steve"!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stevo Reno,
Glad you and G had a relaxing time in the Zarks. It's been a while since I've been to that park but it used to be quiet and very pretty. Hope all goes well this week in St. Louis.
Luv, your SIL

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home