Saturday, May 26, 2007

Fans of Edgar

Saw Dr. Watson last week, pretty un-eventful. X-rays still show the fracture, blah, blah, blah. He said he was as disappointed (he didn't exactly use that word) as I was, but eventually, he states that they all heal. We agreed to meet in two months for the follow up. He was swamped with patients, and then got called into trauma surgery.




I have been trying to lose this thing, with some success, I believe. I have been able to get around, short distances without the cane, unless it gets bad, like at the end of the day, and my leg/ankle starts swelling up, and the pain becomes more than what I would like to bare!




My PT, Darvis recommended a "heel lift" for my left leg, since it is about 1/2" - 3/4" shorter than my right, post surgery. I have been using it this week, and it takes a little getting used to, but I think it has helped. When I was trying to scoot around without it, my lower back, right hip & knee would end up compensating so much for the height difference, it was quite painful. I am going to continue to try this, and see if an orthopedic insert would be worth the investment for a full time strategy.

Been doing some riding, but not as much as I would "like" to do, oh well. I have been showing up at the Tuesday Night Training Races with the local racers, and trying to mix-it-up with them. I cannot do this well at this time. I usually make it about 1-2 miles with the group, then get dropped like a bad habit. I guess the 600 miles I have in for the year don't really match up to their 3000 -4000 miles that most of them have in by now. Oh well, I'll get there, one of these days. It's more important for me to show up, get dropped, ride the next 30 miles by myself, than to do nothing at this point.


Here's Edgar. He's is the president of my fan club. He's working on a recruitment drive right now, but, if you can imagine, he does things reallllllyyyyyy slow. That's OK with me. He started the fan club at the beginning of the year, of which I am flattered. He tells me every day that he's out there, recruiting, pitching the benefits & features of the club, and has gotten great feedback. I looked at the fan club roster this morning, and it hasn't changed much since the beginning though. The list is as follows: 1. Edgar 2. Gina 3. Sam 4. Darby

I guess you have to start somewhere......

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stevo Reno,
Please have Edgar add me to your fan club list!

luv,
your SIL

12:57 PM  
Blogger Steve Driscoll said...

Kind of like being a new insurance agent. Sell to the family first! Get the numbers up! I'll tell Edgar to add my sis-in-law to the roster, maybe Shay x3 or others?

4:45 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hey, you're forgetting the Evanston contingent!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Steve Driscoll said...

Call Edgar & sign up! His cell number is 309-555-7865. He would love to hear from you : )

Although, I think he's sleeping right now/ Hope all is well, GREAT racing this weekend at QC

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home