Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Turtle = 2, Badger = Negative 0

The Badger & I decide to ride from my house yesterday. I rode a whopping 38 miles last week, and it was a pretty good headwind from the south. We "warm up" together, and get out in the country, when he starts taking massive pulls into the wind. I can barely stay on his wheel, I'm dying here, please, relief! He continues to look back, smiling at me, watching me suffer like a dog, laughing to himself on the inside the whole time. This goes on for 2.5 hours. (GREAT ride though!)

After we were done with that 44 miler, I said, "what are you trying to kill me"? He replies "Hey, you wanted to get back in shape right"? Well yeah! I responded, just not in one night, if that's OK with you"! I thought he was going to have me put to pasture when we were done!

Round two: We decide to ride again tonight, same conditions, windy, hot etc. He's telling me that he can beat me on the flat sections, and ESPECIALLY on the hills, because I am a turtle: stout, slow, awkward and most of the time not too bright. He of course is a badger: fast, lean, smart and a killer.
OK, bright eyes, let's see what The Badger can do to an old fat turtle, with a broken leg for that account! Coming back into the tail wind, I lit it up to about 35 miles per hour, the badger responded, but must've been on lunch break with his buddy The Hare, because the turtle won that sprint. Oh, his excuse for getting beaten was that he didn't get out of the saddle, and he didn't have the right gear, and he missed his doggie, and he forgot his good luck charm, blah, blah, blah. Ive heard them all by now.
So, he lays down the challenge. One final sprint, UP HILL, like really UP HILL, behind my house, mega up hill, really steep. He will give me a head start, so he says. I, of course being the noble turtle, accept the challenge, and know that no matter what, the badger will be beat at his own game! Even if it KILLS me.
The Turtle called The Badger at the start of the uphill sprint, ring, ring, ring, ring, ring.......The Badger looked at the phone, ringing, and didn't even have the strength to answer it he was so exhausted & humiliated from the whooping I threw down. After he sees this Blob posting, I think there are going to be many more sore nights for me, via "pain-o-grams" issued by The Badger himself!


Turtle = 2
Badger = Negative 0







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home