Sunday, October 22, 2006

Do You See The Light?


"Yes, Yes, I See The Light!" John Belushi said that in the Blues Brothers movie, to the preacher, James Brown.

I think I have seen the light, many of times during my rehab. Unfortunately, I was in a tunnel, when I saw the light, and didn't realize it was a train heading right at me! Ouch! Start over again.

Still doing the acupuncture thing. Dr. Larry has been turning up the juice on the electrodes/needles. I had to call him on my cell phone during the last session (he was right outside the door in his office, but I didn't want to look like a baby and scream for help) as the "meridians" and all of that jazz freaked out on me! Pain was the name of the game for that afternoon. I asked Dr. Larry if this was supposed to happen, and he smiled, and said were heading in the right direction! So, I guess that's good. Pain is just weakness leaving the body, I believe.

I think Martha, Martha, Martha has been avoiding me. Making excuses like: "I had to perform emergency surgery when you had your last treatment", or "I was attending to someone in the E.R with a life threatening procedure", or, my favorite, "I was on my death bed with a highly contagious viral condition and was quarantined." C'mon, just because you have 16 IV's hanging out of you, and running a 117 degree fever means that you cannot at least come in to see me when I have a treatment?

So, I brought her a flower last week when I had my treatment. I hope it cheered her up. It was a beautiful purple flower, wrapped with a purple bow. She said that no other patient has ever brought her a flower before.


I hope that Nurse Barb doesn't get jealous, and possibly have a broken heart now. She knows deep down, that she will always be my Favorite Nurse, period.

Heck, when I get all mended up, I may become an orthopedic hypocondriac just so I can see her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home