Thursday, October 05, 2006

Don't Call Me a Comeback, I've Been Here For Years


Here's the scoop. I have had two acupuncture treatments with Dr. Larry, and three PT sessions, one of which was in the pool with my PT, Michelle. She was actually in the water with me though, doing the exercises & such.

So, I report to PT today, believing it was another aqua-therapy day, (which is why I had my trunks, fins & snorkel) and announce to Denese, the receptionist that "Aquaman is here, reporting for duty Ma'am!!!". Denese destroys my afternoon whe she says that I am a land-lover today for therapy, and no pool. I did the land PT with Joanna, and all was well. I have to say, that so far, the people at Hopedale Hospital are extremely efficient and professional. The facility that they have there is awesome as well!

Several things: About 1.5 days after my second acupuncture treatment, I noticed that I was actually walking, using my heel to land on versus dragging or flopping my foot on the floor. That's a good sign. Then I noticed that I am actually bending my left knee just slightly when I walk as well, another good sign! PT Joanna actually noticed that when I walked in today, that I was landing on my heel. She memorized my file before our appointment, and made a note of the floppy foot syndrome that I have.

Hopes up? You bet.

I have some more acupuncture scheduled next week with Dr. Larry. Martha, Martha, Martha, Dr. Larrys nurse will give me the same routine: On the scale (to see how fat I am), are you allergic to anything, sign here, initial here, blood pressure check ( going up), how do I feel etc.

I can say that in the past 2-3 days, I feel about 5% better. I know that there is no rest for the wicked, but possibly some relief for a guy who is just a little weird?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home