Friday, August 11, 2006

Not Setting Any Records!

I have to start this one with a quote, by a friend & teammate, George "The Hairy One" Ganas

"Forever is a long time, when you take it one day at a time"

At yoga Monday evening, Dr. Reid, (the Yoga Nazi's husband) asked me when I was going to go down to The River Plex, and do some swimming with him? Huh? Right after I am invited I shot back! Well, the door was opened, and Dr. Reid had a challenge on his hands. Nothing he couldn't handle though, as he is a renowned plastic surgeon, tri-athlete and he and his bride will be competing in the World Tri Championships in Switzerland in 3 weeks, so this was like a challenge to play Dominos.

So, on the spot, we set it up for Thursday/Friday of this week, 630 am. I met him there this am, and we had to go through the "basics", like breathing, stroke etc. After observing my technique for a lap or 2, he told me to get out of the pool, and continue cycling, as I am THAT bad! Ok, that didn't happen, but I am like a mental sponge, and freely admit I do not know how to swim like these guys do. After a while, I did "better" at least that's what he said, whatever that means. Better as in you went from pre-school to kindergarten, or better as in you went from under-grad to masters?

Needless to say, I did a "set" of 100 meters in 1:55 seconds. Reid & I competed lane for lane, and I actually had him in the first 3 meters out of 100, but then he smoked me. Oh well. We had fun, and I got a good workout!

Here's a pic of the actual fixed-gear bike I actually rode on Wednesday for the first time, Mine is silver though. Little Mike & I did a 40 minute ride, went out for dinner and saw Talladega Nights. Is that like going on a date? Bike ride, dinner & a movie??????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home