Monday, January 23, 2006

You can't trust worms!

Still in the cleanup mode here at the office. Kind of like spring cleaning, only in January. Made the trek to Springfield yesterday for the Team Mack ride. 28 degrees, little wind, and had about 18 of us show up. It was pretty cool. We stayed together for most of the ride, until we had a slight tail wind into Rochester for about 10 miles. We kicked it up to about 25 mph, and took turns rotating at the front. Most took 30 second pulls, I took my infamous 2 second pulls, as I am a bike-weenie right now. 2 miles out from Rochester, kicked it up to about 28 mph, and then I took a legit 30 second, 30 mph pull to launch the remainder of the group for the sprint. We had a ball. I'll be challenging sprints soon, I hope, just not now. Total ride time was 3 hours, 20 minutes. Not bad for January.

Cramped up last night, but slept like a babe, and feel good today. That's a good sign I believe. Maybe something is healing down there, FINALLY! I plan to see the ortho doc next month, Mad Max, for some x-rays and the usual consultation thingy. The nerve in the left leg is still kinda fried, so I have as Uncle Gary put's it, "floppy foot".

Mikey called last night, and was riding high. They did a crit in Phoenix, with just him and his teammate, Josh. Mikey said they showed up, and all of these pro teams were there, Discovery, TIAA-Cref (sp) Kodak etc. etc. 60 minute crit, flat, and FAST. 28 mph. avg overall. Mikey took 17th overall, and Josh won the sprint for 1st place. Beat out some Discovery guy I believe by several bike lengths. Hat's off to them. I am glad I don't have to race against them in 06. They are gearing up for the next race, I believe in a couple of weeks.

My great friend Robert snapped this while I was on morphine, in the hospital. The morphine pump may be the best invention, right behind the STI shifter. Squirmy was there to comfort me, and I think he even may have slipped himself some of the morphine as well, although he won't tell me, and if he did, I think he would lie about it. You cant trust worms when it comes to stuff like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home