Thursday, January 12, 2006

Whatcha Waiting For?

First things first. 59 degrees in Central Illinois, and I needed some "therapy". I haven't seen the sun in about 4 weeks, and sure enough, it came out today. Stan-O sent out the e-mail, and I grabbed it. Ride at 2pm, from VQ Morton. Stan & I went out and did 2.5 hours, the first 1.5 hours straight into a 28 mph headwind. That was FUN! Watts were flying off my SRM like crazy, then we turned around, and did the 28 mph. breast stroke back into town. Needless to say, it was a blast. It's afternoons like this that keep me coming back for more. When it 14 degrees outside, and I'm on the trainer for hours on end, I look back and remember days like this. Just kicking it and having fun, as that's what it is all about.

Heard from Wes & Mikey. They are both living large in AZ. Wes will start racing for the season here in about a month or so, and Mikey will start racing in the Midwest in April. They will both be VERY fast, so my time to make up excuses is getting limited, but I'll have a few in my bag-o-tricks.

Had to postpone the "family" meeting with The Boyz and Sock. When I got home last night, everyone had their hobo bags packed, and ready to head out the door. We decided to read Curious George books, and we all went to bed, ready to tackle these so-important issues this evening. I cant wait!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey great blog Steve! The updates are easy to read and interesting. Keep 'em coming!
Good to see you're recovering well and I'll look forward to your race results. Maybe your teammates could come together and shutdown Wes and Mikey so's to make it easier for you to sweep up the prizes. After all "I love it when a plan comes together!".
What's with the 'fellas'? Are you a closet weirdo? Should you get one of those 'observations'?
Anyways, love ya and the work, I'll check back later

10:37 PM  
Blogger Steve Driscoll said...

Yes, I am a little weird, but aren't we all? Think about it, lycra, spandex, chamois, and we ride our bicycles, train, spend a bunch of cash throughout the racing season for???? Fun, that's why I do it, I think......

9:40 AM  
Blogger Michael L. Necessary said...

Steve, I need $50 to go out and buy the biggest suitcase in AZ. Because I'm going to be bringing back so much Whoop-A$$ for everyone!!! Anyway, I'm glad to hear you all are able to ride some. Also I actually start racing NEXT WEEKEND in Pheonix. A crit. Talk at you soon!

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home