Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Welcome 2006 (That's what everyone else is saying)

Well, It's 06. Pretty good timing as well. I was getting bored with 2005. I am looking forward to a new year, and hopefully some healing on the left leg (tibia) which is still broken from the accident 8/29/04. The Dr.'s are thinking that by fall of 06, I should be in good shape, and healed up. Trust me, I am not complaining, stuff happens, but it is starting to be a "quality of life" thing at this point. Like a zit that wont go away, oh well.

Gina & I were in St. Louis for the new years weekend, just like last year. I did not have the crutches this year, so that was cool. Ate some wonderful food, and stayed at our favorite place, Clayton on the Park. Of course, we brought Sam & Darby with, as the hotel LOVES doggies. Everytime they come back in from doing their duty, they get treats from the staff.

Did a couple of hours riding at Forest Park, they have a 6.7 mile loop around the perimeter. Avg'd above 200 watts for each interval, not too shabby for December, I think? Ran into Uncle Gary & Sharmin while we were there as well. He convinced me to do the team ride on New Years Day, so we left Clayton at 6am, G dropped me off in Springfield on the way back, and I did a 3.5 hour team ride. Needless to say, I was smoked Sunday night. Felt OK yesterday though. I went to yoga class last night, and got really stretched out, as that is what Sheila, the instructor and fellow VQ athlete will do to you. She is really good, and I love this class. Yoga is NOT what I thought it would be, and really beneficial to me right now.

Said our goodbye's yesterday afternoon to our good friend, Little Mikey, who is racing for Mesa Cycles next year. He is off to Tucson for 3.5 months of spring training. I wish him the best of luck, and know he will do well. The down side, is that he will probably kick my butt racing this year, but I'll blame my lack of performance on something, what? I don't know, but I have time to think about it, at least till he get's back in town. His Mom & Sister were sad to see him off, as we were as well. He has become a fixture at our house, and my friend in recovery lately, as we did a lot of riding together. Gina will miss cooking for him, and I will miss chit-chatting with him as well!

Oh, happy 2006, and enjoy!