Saturday, January 21, 2006

Little Bo Peep, and her flock of sheep

Wow, what a difference 28.5 hours can make in Central Illinois. Thursday, I was jamming, I mean having a "therapy" session w/ my bud's, 63 degrees and all. Friday night, sleet, 33 degrees, snow and all of the good stuff. Yuck!

Oh well, I got my batteries recharged for a while. Went to VQ this am. for an indoor ride, which was on my schedule, and low and behold.....Rob made it over! That's pretty cool, because he was my adjunct partner a couple of years ago, and we have become good friends. He lent me his MP3 player, loaded up with a bunch of techno style tunes on it, made the time go by pretty fast. I am going to have to break down, get with the program, and invest in some technology one of these days......

Mikey has his first race of the year in Phoenix tomorrow. It sounds like he is really flying! The main problem is that it's January, and the season is long. I hope he doesn't hit the wall when he comes back to the Midwest. I wish him the best of luck tomorrow.

Wes is doing well from what he tells me. I read his blog, and never knew he was afraid of the dark. He's a pretty tough guy in all other areas, but I guess you have to be afraid of something. I am afraid of a lot of things, though not worth reading about right now.

The Boyz and Sock are in the backyard, sledding on the hill. My neighor Dave installed a 300+ meter tobaggon run a couple of years ago, in his back yard. His 2 boys, and now number 3 use it. I have not done it yet, but G has, and said it's awesome.

Off to Springfield tomorrow, Team Ride, and the pleasure of seeing Uncle Gary for 4 hours or so on the bike. I'll probably be 1/2 dead after the ride. But a bad day on the bike beats a good day in a wheelchair, anyday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home