Thursday, January 19, 2006

Batteries Recharged (part deux)

Well, I was a little more on the ball today. After watching the 9 pm news last night, I called our VQ Godfather, Stan, and arranged some "therapy". 2pm, ride from VQHQ in Morton. Here it is, January 19th, and it hit 63 degrees in Central Illinois. Stan, Big Rob & I headed out, for 2.5 hours, and had a BLAST! We shucked, jived, and had a all around GREAT time, totally refreshing! 187 watts going out, 155 watts overall. I'll take it!

Here's the problem. I cleaned my Waterford the other day, and took the chain off, to get all the way in there for a good cleaning. After the ride today, I put my bike back in the truck, and realized, I FORGOT to put my chain back on the bike! Crap! That's why I felt soo good today........I was spinning without a chain!

I have been spending some time in the office, doing cleanup on the desktop, and trying to re-organize my organization I try to keep here. Ran across some pics in my files. Here are some of The Boyz, tending to me while I was in the hospital in St. Louis for the bone graft and installation of the titanium rod in the tibia in March. They were great support while I was laid up.

While I was asleep, The Boyz caught up on their business reading, honing their customer service skills.




This pic was sent to my business partner Tom. This is the frontal shot of the car that hit me. When the owner of the body shop read about the accident in the paper, he e-mailed them over. The bottom left corner of the pic (passenger side) is where my head struck the windshield, which was the second part of my body to impact the car, after my legs. The state trooper that did the accident reconstruction report estimates that my head hit the windshield at about 55 mph. give or take a few mph. based on the severity of damage to the car & windshield, and the the fact that the windshield actually fell in on the interior of the car, which is supposedly how the lady who hit me, realized she had hit something....
Here's a pic of the "impact area" of the car. It's pretty amazing how much damage the human body can do to a car, and how much damage a car can do to the human body.

If I did not have a helmet on, I would be either dead, or a vegetable right now. I still do NOT understand why cyclists go out on a bike, without a helmet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home