Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Stuff, it's what's for Dinner

Cold & windy Sunday. Went to B-Town for the 10 am hustle, with 32 degrees and 28 mph winds, we had a great group to show. Took off a little late, and unfortunately, my friend Mike had his rear wheel falling out of his dropouts, again & again...aaaggghhh. He decided to hoof it back to the shop, and I went with him, because he's my friend and to make sure he got back OK. I believe it's best to live to fight another day. So we went back, gave him a ride to his ride, and went home, finished the ride in the basement, on the trainer, watching Exit Wounds with Steven Segall. I know, he's corny as ever, BUT you have to admit, he kicks a LOT of butt.

Oh, speaking of butts, Sock Monkey has joined Team Mack Racing as the "unofficial" Team Mascot, as seen here. He is so excited! He is going to be the "ambassador of fitness" for The Boyz as well, as they can lose some weight. Sock is starting off with a regimen of cycling after school with The Boyz, and hopefully getting them to eat a little more healthy. A diet consisting of Oreo's and ice cream sandwiches is not the best, when trying to lose some extra poundage. The Boyz say they're not fat, just fluffy.

Have a meeting this evening with my VQ coach this evening, Coach Doug. Really good guy!!! He's been on top of the ball from day 1, and kept me in check, as much as he can. I know some people don't believe in coaching and all of that jazz, but since I joined VQ a couple of years ago, they have been a first class organization. Robbie Ventura, Marc Colbert and the staff are great guy's, off the bike, and on, and they have been there with me 100% since my accident.


Oh, don't get grossed out, but here's a picture of my leg, post surgery 9.5 months ago, that I came across on my desktop!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home