Sunday, December 10, 2006

On a Lighter Note

A dear friend of mine, Rebecca and her partner run a small e-business, doing what they love: Sewing, Quilting and making really fine products, all by hand. The name of the company is Sandman Quilts, http://www.sandmanquilts.com/ and the quality of the items they make cannot be purchased in any store. We have purchased some items from them, for baby gifts etc. I "commissioned" Rebecca a while back to make me a dinosaur quilt, as it is a work of art. The silly side of me has always loved dinosaurs, and I have collected Manhattan Toy Company velour dinosaurs for about 20 years. I have all of them, except one, which I got outbid on e-bay a couple of years ago, as it went for about $450.00. Little steep for a stuffed animal, although I have paid almost as much as that for a really rare one.




So Rebecca shipped me the final product a little bit ago, and it's pretty awesome!















Here's one of my favorite books that my Mom got me for Christmas a year ago or so.


























G snapped these while I was catching some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's this am. We were out last night with my business partner and his wife, for our "annual stockholder meeting". We got into bed around 1 am, or about 3.5 hours past our regular bed time!
I figured I would throw up a "lighter" Blob posting for once. We are off to St. Louis this Thursday for surgery, hopefully be back late Sunday after I am released. Then back to the same ole, same ole. It's been a while since I have done this, so G&I are going through all of the stuff I'll need. I have to say goodbye to the second floor and the basement at home, as I wont be seeing them for some time. I will be living in the library, as I did for about 9 months post accident.
Thought of the day" Your only young once, and you're never old twice!


















1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve, The best to you in St Louis, I'll be thinking of you. Love your quilt! Great colors. As a quilter too so I can appreciate the work & time involved. It looks good on you. Janet

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home