Friday, December 22, 2006

Long Road Traveled?

Back in the saddle, so to speak. I have some pics about the journey, and due to limited time, very few words, sorry!

Here I lay, in pre-op, waiting for the knife to drop. Haven't eaten or drank anything for 12+ hours, and am anxious & tired.













My pre-op nurse was a hoot. She had a comeback for almost ALL of my little smart comments that I made. I believe she has ran across guy's like me before. The anaesthesiologist came in to give me the "happy juice" and then I was whisked into surgery.






















Out of surgery, all went as planned, and in the room with one of the world's largest soft-casts around my left leg. Of course, I brought the dinosaur pillow to the hospital with me. How else was it going to feel "like home"








Mike & Lori sent me some beautiful Lillie's to the hospital. We brought them home, and are in the library where my temporary bedroom is. They are blooming, and look really nice.

A couple of the resident doctors came in to check on me Saturday afternoon. All is well was their diagnosis.

















Here's Dr. Watson & myself, just before getting discharged Sunday afternoon. He was performing more surgeries that day & making sure I was taken care of. He said all went well, and has full confidence in the procedure!












Back at home, ready for G to cut the soft cast off.






















Cast Away! I could not wait to see what was under there. Dr. Watson explained that to break the fibula, he had to "carve" around the shamrock tattoo with surgical precision. Then, to not leave a scar on the tattoo, he super glued it back together! How's that for a world renowned ortho-surgeon!


























Almost there!














Viola! Cast is off. Time for some cleanup, then a pressure sock, the boot sock, and the air-cast.


I have been resting at home, getting off the pain meds, sleeping more than 1/2 of the day. My Mom came down Monday through Wednesday to help out, which was good, as I had double doses of homemade soup & noodles, chicken breasts, salads & good company.


G has been taking excellent care of me, as she always has. Nothing seems to break her stride when it comes to stuff like this. My friends have stopped by to visit, which is great, as I have been staring at the same 4-walls all week, watching daytime TV, and limping around on the crutches!


Not too shabby huh? At least you can tell I have a kneecap, calf & foot. Last time it was so swollen, it looked like one big thigh!










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home