Friday, July 07, 2006

Taking Matters into My Own Hands!

Started "working out" at the gym, with my personal trainer, Steve. He coached me back in 99-00, when I was off the bike for a while, after what seemed to be a crash every race I entered. After biffing it in the final corner of the 1999 Proctor Criterium, I hung up the bike, and took up golf. Got used to golf, but come that winter, G said I needed to get back in shape, and I missed racing w/ the Team.

I use the term "working out" loosely. We have completed the base evaluations, and figured out that my leg strength of my right leg, is about 3 x that of my left. So, I have some work to do, as my right leg is still probably 1/2 of where it was pre-accident. Do the math here, because I cannot, but it's something like this: square root of right leg strength, divided by the co-efficient of the left leg, raised to the 3rd power, and divided by Pi. Lost? Me too! All I know is that I have some very sore days, weeks and months ahead of me!

Steve has a plan for me, and we hope to actually use weights, or resistance other than my own body weight in the next month or so.

Steve Daggs, local racer, Proctor Bike Club Officer and all around nice guy takes wonderful photos of local bike races, including the Proctor Road Race from last weekend. He put these photos in the 40+ category, as I was so far off the back of the Cat III race, he assumed I was off the back of the group that started maybe 10 minutes behind us!


J-Lo & I were having a good time, working our way up the King of the Mountain sprint hill. I beat him across the line, every lap, although I think he let me beat him. You can't get between a fat kid and the top of the hill I guess..............

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve-O,

Damn good to see a few pix of you on the bike and that the engine room's making great power. Just a matter of time until the main shaft (ahem) both of them, are churning FSA.

Gordy

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home