Monday, June 26, 2006

Hold them to their Word!

Drugs make people do crazy things. Things out of their control, I believe. When I got to the E.R after my accident, Kelly Sparks, my Physician Assistant (and fellow bike racer) was attending to me, pre-pain drugs. I begged Kelly to get me the doctors that would get me racing again, whatever it took. He said he would.....

Fast forward about 96 hours later. La-la land for Stevie Boy, and the morphine pump could not have spit the stuff out into my veins fast enough. I "believe" I remember my doctors, Dr. Maxey and Dr. Phillips by my bedside, explaining that not only will I race again, but due to the marvelous creations of new drugs on the market, that I could be the next Lance Armstrong!

Fast Forward 22 months later, and Viola! The concept of Steve Driscoll-Armstrong submitted by our infamous fellow Macker, Tammy from Springpatch, IL.


Oh, I forgot. G told me that no matter how many times you press the pump, there is a limit as to how much actually comes out, so you don't get too stoned. I'll have to consult with the equipment manufacturer and have that corrected for next time!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve, Happy belated Birthday! Nice birthday suit too bad you didn't post this picture on the 23rd. Regardless, you are just too sexy for your bike!

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Steve, Your a hoot!
Can you send Sparky over to my house to help with my training program?
Happy belated B-day to you, friend!

See you and G in a few days!

Vintage Kroner

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home