Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Day by Day, Hour by Hour


I've been a good boy. Doing my stretches and all. Have been using the pain drugs (Ultram) as needed, trying to help Stevie get his groove back. It's amazing, it's day by day, hour by hour. I guess I can see some light at the end of the tunnel, but jeez-louise, how long IS this damn tunnel! Here's the artist rendering of me, when I have a flare up. I really appreciate the fact that he actually drew me, rendering-wise a lot better looking than I am in real life. Oh well. Like Morgan Freeman said in one of my favorite movies, of all time, Shawshank Redemption: "You can either get busy living, or get busy dying"


I didn't really realize what the achilles tendon was, or that it is the LARGEST and STRONGEST tendon in the body. It also has the highest rate of injury and fatigue, especially with runners. So, I did some research, and hired a team of medical experts to profile and document my own achilles tendon, the injury to it etc. This is what they came up with. OUCH! Looks painful, just looking at it.

I'll keep my stretches going, do some yoga and hopefully be back on the bike, soon! I miss having my "groove" back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home