Friday, February 10, 2006

There's a spot open on the podium for the Tour De Groundhog

Just got word, back to the OR next Friday the 17th, fourth time might be the charm. The screws at the ankle are going to be removed by none other than Dr. Maxey himself http://www.orthoii.org/oii-maxey.asp. Nurse Barb said that they could probably get by just using a local for the anesthesia, but Mad Max wants me put under, so he doesn't have to listen to me babbling the whole time, and telling him how to do his job. I don't know if that is a compliment, or insult? I'll take it as a compliment, as that feels better for me, on the inside.

I have to go in next week for a pre-surgery physical. This is where they check all of your vitals, and determine if you will live long enough, after the surgery to at least pay the bill.

What does this mean? I wont be racing the Groundhog, sorry. The good news is that there is now a spot on the podium, that has been opened up due to my post-surgery recovery! Good luck to all, and I'll keep you posted!



If you think of me, this is where I'll be for the afternoon of the 17th!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home