Monday, February 06, 2006

Let the Games, I mean Healing Begin!!!!

Saw Dr. Maxey, my ortho-doc, and of course, Nurse Barb (I'm her favorite patient) this am. for a consultation on the left tibia, took x-rays and all of that jazz. Funny, I seem to have gotten pretty good at reviewing x-rays over the past 17+ months, as I have seen about 1 kajillion of them up to this point. My legs actually glow in the dark, from all of the "X-Rays" that they have gone through.

Anyway, we have some healing going on! YEAH! The back of the tibia appears to be filling in, and Dr. Maxey was pleased with what he saw! The broken screw at the ankle must've allowed some movement of the bone, and therefore promoted healing. The only thing I believe I have left to do, is go under the knife one more time, to remove the broken screw at the ankle, and his partner screw at the ankle as well. This seems to be giving me the most "dis-comfort" or pain. This will be an out-patient type procedure, and I'll be back on my feet in a couple of days. Dr. Watson, down in St. Louie has to review and give his blessings, but if he says OK, I'm there!

















The healing is happening, so hopefully it wont be too much longer!!!!! I am getting sick & tired, of being sick & tired, and Racing season starts April 8th with the Hillsboro Road Race!!!!!

Quote of the day " So, it seems that you have some screws loose" Nurse Barb

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve I always thought you'd be one of the least likely people I know to be so screwed up! Two thumbs up on the healing process. Janet Hartman

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home