Thursday, February 16, 2006

Back to the Drawing Board

Tomorrow afternoon is the day. I get to go back to the OR, for some more surgery. I used to get kind-of freaked out about these things, but for the fourth time in 17 months, I know the drill. I just spoke with "The Man" himself, and said bring the camera over, and he'll get some juicy shots that I can post on my Blob. I call the Blog, my Blob, in case you wondered. The only part that really stinks, is I cannot eat of drink after midnight tonight! Not even black coffee in the am. The nurse who did my pre-surgery physical (120/70 & heart rate of 56) said to even be careful when brushing my teeth in the am. I have a design appointment in the am, then relax, and off to surgery. G will be there for me, as she always has been. This is getting pretty routine for her as well.........what a routine to slip into, huh?. Co-Worker: "Hey G, whatcha doing this weekend?" G: "Oh, you know, the usual, attending surgery with Steve, and taking care of him, just another weekend at the Driscoll's"......now I know why Kelly nicknamed her "The Rock"!

Here's the two buggers they are removing. The inner one has snapped in two, and they are removing the other one, as it bothers the heck out of me. The larger one should come out quite easily, the broken one, well, can you say hammer & chisel? When the ortho doctor shows up for surgery wearing a full rain suit, complete with waterproof boots, you KNOW you are going to be in for some fun!

Spoke w/ our friend Wes last night. He's excited for the upcoming race season. This is his second year as a pro cyclist, and his attitude is awesome! Poor thing is out in California, 80 degree temps, sunny and beautiful, with his teammates for training. He's ready, and G&I are very proud of him, as I am sure a LOT of other people are as well, especially his Mom, Dad & Sis. I think it kind-of cool how far he has come, both as a pro cyclist, but as an adult as well. He has earned everything he has, and then some. Good luck to Wes & his new team, TargetTraining in Phoenix this weekend!

I'll see some of you this weekend for the Tour De Groundhog. All bet's are off on Chris though. He got the new "fly" cross-ride, which brought the betting down to an even status or 1/1 as they say in Vegas. When he pulls off the double-V, an ice cream cone is on the line!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home