Friday, June 06, 2008

I'm "OK" You're "OK"

I know, it's been a little while. I have been doing "stuff", like racing.

Recap: Did Memorial Day weekend races like I used to do, ie: Muscatine & Rock Island. Had an asthma attack at Muscatine and had to pull out. Raced Rock Island the next day, finished with the field, which is "OK" for now. Decided to do the 1,2,3 30+ race immediately after the 3's race, probably a mistake so close to each other. Made it to the mid point, and got popped off the back, on the back stretch trying to hold a wheel at 35 mph that could not be done by myself. It happens. Went solo until the officials pulled me. I can't remember the last time I got "pulled" from a race, but I am "OK" with that right now. I know I am giving 110%, and if that doesn't make it, I can do no more.

Last weekend was the ABR National Championships in Winfield, IL. LONG downhill finish, LONG backstretch with a "sprinters hill". This hill does not suit The Turtle, especially repeating it 22 times. Here I am at the start line, after receiving instructions from Uncle Gary. The race was fast, hard & I finished mid-field. That was "OK". My teammate, Rico Suave got 3rd place, which was pretty cool in itself.

The rest of the Team Mack Crew was in full effect. Races were hard, we took plenty of podium spots, and we all lived to race another day. Here's what turn number 1 looked like, it was a fast one!















Shot of The Turtle, my "girlfriend" (as G says) Robert, Rico Suave & Uncle Gary after the races!

















Robert's daughter raced in the junior event. Congratulations on the podium spot & a really nice medal!

All in all, I am "OK" right now with the progress. Need some more training, some more races, and some more fun, and it's all coming together, and I am "OK" with that.

Thanks to Ms. Rebecca & Paul Shilling for the photos. It's really tough taking photo shots while you're racing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me get this straight, You and Sam are the Babboon Butts!!!

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home