Tuesday, April 29, 2008

We Need to Ask You a Few Questions.......

OK, quickie here. Raced the first stage of the Tour of St. Louis last Saturday, the infamous Carondelet Park Criterium. 90+ guys on the line in the cat III race, 60 minutes plus 5 laps. Raced REALLY well. Stayed in the front the entire time, moved around, burned some matches, but not too bad. Come the final sprint, if you could call it that, it is still lost, no where to be found. My top end power has not made it yet. That's OK, for now. I am working on it. My left leg is still partially "dead" as you can see from my most recent photo, so I have to re-train it to sprint differently I guess. Did a nice 3 hour ride in the cold on Sunday with The Badger, and harassed him the whole time about him "badgering up" on his bet that he made. I think he believes he is going to weasel out of the deal, but I have different plans.
BIG NEWS: Stage 3 of Tour of St. Louis on Sunday. Forrest Park Criterium, Masters 40+ Crit. Our faithful Team Director, confidant & friend, Uncle Gary was questioned by the police, detained and almost arrested for assault & battery.
You see, he ripped a whole bunch of guy's legs off! Right there, DURING the race! This was frowned upon by the local STLPD I guess. After some brief answers to their questions, and assessment of the collateral damage, he was released with a big fat check for 1st place, a gold medal and I believe a bouquet of flowers. Congratulations Uncle Gary!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home