Monday, May 12, 2008

Yippie, Hippie!

My neighbor, Mitchell (he's 10 I think) came taring over to my house on Saturday to show me the newest addition to their family. Hippie The Turtle. I of course had to go over to meet Hippie, and introduce myself. We shared a few stories about our travels in life. I brought him up to speed about my accident/recovery. It seems he had an accident as well, a while back, when he got T-Boned by a carp while he was entering the water. Broke his shell, and was laid up for about 6 weeks. OUCH!

I told him I was back racing the bike, working hard and all of that jazz. He is having fun, enjoying the weather now that hibernation season is over. We went for a stroll through the yard, as he is training for a big race coming up. The competition is a Hare, so he needs to put in long hours on the track.

We said our goodbyes, and wished each other well.

Monsters of the Midway this Saturday! Masters 1,2,3 & Cat 3's in the afternoon. Let me think, 4 corners & perfectly flat. If this is NOT a course for The Turtle himself, please let me know what is!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home