Saturday, March 11, 2006

Curious George Rides a Bike


Today was the day, here's the lowdown: Dr. Mike called on Thursday, and mentioned an outdoor ride this am, as he and his bride, Lori had to make the trek from Champaign to Peoria for some personal stuff. I said, SURE! The weather forecast was RAIN, RAIN & WIND!

Woke up this am, and low & behold: Sunshine!

Checked weather.com, and it was 51 degrees, and breezy. I didn't care, as I have not ridden outdoors in almost 2 months. Lori dropped Mike off, and went about her biz in P-Town, then tracked back for a 4 mile run w/ G. We headed out just after 9am, AFTER we did a physical check of the weather, and decided on the following: Shorts, oil on the legs, arm warmers, and that's it! 30 minutes into the ride, it had reached 68 degrees!



This is the artist rendering of Mike & I heading off, before the ride. Curious George is one of my favorites, as I have all of his books (I believe) and even a Curious George lunchbox & flashlight! Mike & I wore helmets though.

1.3 hours into a 30 mph headwind, then turned west and then north, back to the home base. Long story, it was awesome! 2 hours, 20 minutes and 40 miles down! Turned out to be a pretty good morning. Good friends, good miles, and now a good nap for Ol' Stevie Boy.

You know, sometimes it is about the bike.........................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home