Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Time is On My Side, Yes it Is !!!

1.5 years, 18 months, 65 weeks, 547 1/2 days, 32850 hours, 1971000 minutes, well you get the point. That amount of time has passed since I got creamed by an Buick, as of 1215 CT today. Hopefully only 6 months to go till full healing. Pretty short amount of time if you consider the average adult male's life span in the United States is 79.2 years, or something like that. Just a blip on the radar.

RV made me a bet last night at our VQ meeting. The bet is who can lose the proverbial 10 lbs to become more competitive in cycling. Well, understand that I am not NEARLY as active as him right now, but he explains that weight loss is 20% activity and 80% diet. OK, I agree with that, but what if your 20% activity is cut down by 30% of the maximum 42%, divided by the co-efficient ratio of 6? You wind up with a comparable activity level of .00000002%. Hardly fair, but life isn't fair, I think. We shall see where it goes, but I can be a sore loser, and a GREAT winner. I am not quite sure we "sealed the deal" as we did not agree to what was on the line, or even do the secret handshake, but I am trudging forward.

Speaking of winners, I found this shot of the big "V" from 04, my last season racing, from the Forrest Park Criterium.

Enjoy, and have a nice 68 degree day today in Central Illinois!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soon there will be another pix like this one in '06

Robert

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home