Friday, March 10, 2006

It's all about Goal Setting, I think?

Well, I don't really know why, but I pre-registered for the Annual Spring Road Race, the infamous Hillsboro Roubaix, on April 8th, 2006. I actually DO know why I did, it's because I am going to actually "race" it. Look here, I am on the pre-reg list, twice in fact, that's how committed I am. http://www.2wheeltech.com/cms/index.php?option=com_2wresults&Itemid=57&rn=110

Category 3 Men, 66 miles of pure hell, I mean FUN! (After the accident, 4 surgeries, and still having a broken left tibia, I thought it may be wise to downgrade to a cat 3)

Now, keep in mind, I have raced this race many a times, and have NEVER finished, with the lead group that is. This is one of the most brutal, back & shoulder straining races in the Midwest, and in April! Even when I am on my game, I don't like to get in fighting shape until May, so there's my excuse.

No, this year will be fun for me. Shucking & Jiving with teammates, and seeing people I have not seen in a while.



Start off with the field, and then when I get popped off the back, some long, lonely miles of training in. When it's over, I'll do some more jaw yacking, and we'll all enjoy our victories!

I'm on the right of the 2005 team photo, wearing the air-cast! Same shape this year, less the cast!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll be with you in spirit that day. Proud of you Steve.
Janet & Gordy

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home