Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Do NOT Read My Blob!

  • Ok, so you obviously don't listen, as you are reading away. This is the beginning of the week, unless you are on some weird time schedule/military international date/time thing, but whatever. I have a bunch of random thoughts, once again, that mean little to me, and if they mean something to you, I hope it makes you a better person!

  • Chris, Kim, Robert and "newbie" Andy stayed over the weekend, so we can race the Hillsboro Roubaix last Saturday. It was cold, windy and overcast. Just the way that everyone wants it, I think.
  • Chris, Andy & Robert all hauled mucho-butt over the course. Andy finished 3+ laps, (pretty awesome for his 1st. major Pro, I, II road race) Chris got 17th in the Pro, I, II event (pretty stellar I think, figuring there was 100+ starters, and like 20 something finishers) and Robert scored a top 10 in the Master's 40+, after he pulled support all race so Team Mack could take ALL of the podium spots.
  • I think Robert has actually DOUBLED his riding miles for the year after Hillsboro
  • I did the Cat III event. My goal was to finish 2 of the 3 laps, which I did. After getting dropped on mile 7 of the first lap, I caught onto whatever group I could and rode as hard as I could, figuratively speaking. After the 2 laps, I was SMOKED!

  • Here's a couple of pic's of S. Monkey. Chester and yours truly after the race. My friend Steve Heine took them. We were chillin in the Team Mack Tent! Pretty wiped out after the races.
  • S. Monkey & Chester lost their voices from all of the cheering they did that day (not a bad thing, as they can chat up a storm)
  • G cooked for all of us, and was the most gracious host, as usual. She's a treat!
  • Rode Sunday am with the local group for almost 3 hours, got dropped on the hills, repeatedly. Thanks to Ryan "Michelson" for the support and occasional hand on the back, pushing me upward bound, 50 miles later, I was smoked, again
  • Sheila, aka: "Yoga Nazi" just about killed me last night at yoga. I'm still reeling in pain
  • Looking forward to Apple Pie Road Race, which will be my next "event"
  • Realized that the miles that I am putting in for 2006, are probably base miles for 2007.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I agree! Gina's cooking was, as always, pretty amazing -- I swear my getting sick had NOTHING to do with dinner! Thanks S&G!

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home