Sunday, January 03, 2010

2K10 & Beyond

Just thought I would throw out some updates, as I have been a little "loose" on the blog-o-sphere world, although I have been doing a lot of tweeting lately. Go to Twitter, and I am www.twitter.com/stevendriscoll.

Winter is here, so G & I headed off to Tucson for some sun, riding & warmer weather. I cannot handle the cold like I used to, or would even like to. The cold weather on several titanium rods in my legs, as well as a tool box of screws that are inserted through the bones do not make for a good combination. I shall be back there in the spring, or even Naples, Fla, for some though miles and spring training.

I got a couple of hundred plus miles in out there, did some climbing, and had a lot of fun. On one of the rides, I "hooked up" with Andreas Kloden (2nd place TDF, 2006) & Gregory Rast from Team Radio Shack. They were having their winter training camp out there, and staying one resort away from where we were staying. I rode with them for about 10 miles, then pulled off for some pics. they spoke little English, so I directed them to the base of Mt. Lemmon, and we said our goodbyes. they were very nice, and accommodating for an old dude from the Midwest, trying to get some miles in.

Christmas came, and was very relaxing. was off the bike for 3 days, and that was just fine. Enjoyed my in-laws in Quincy, IL, and came back, hours before a 10" snowstorm dropped. I am glad the holiday's are over. Between the cold, darkness and riding indoors, I get just a little seasonal depression. Throw some pain on top of that, and well, to be honest, it stinks for a while.

Uncle Gary & Sharmin, who know my love of Sock Monkey got me these really awesome Sock Monkey slippers for Christmas. I have been wearing them nightly, and they are awesome!


I got home this afternoon after a 2 hour, indoor ride at Vision Quest Peoria. Thirteen turkeys come strutting down my driveway, and take up camp in my back yard. Maggie didn't even see them, as she chilled out in the blankey, warming up in the sun.
I will be giving a presentation at the end of this month to the Illinois Valley Wheelmen about adversity, perseverance and getting up after being knocked down. As many times as it takes, as long as it takes, as many resources as it takes. http://www.ivwheelmn.org/
Life is good, and I welcome a new year. G & I have been hanging, trying to stay warm, and enjoying life and each other. Looking back over the past five years, I think we truly appreciate that I am still on this earth, in good health, and able to love & be loved back. This will be an exciting year for us, and I hope you as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home