Wednesday, July 01, 2009

No Soup For You!

Big weekend last weekend. The annual Proctor Criterium. We had the Kron's & the Kiddies, as well as BikerDanny down for the festivities. I did the Masters 30+ cat 1,2,3 as well as the Cat 3 race. Both fast & furious, as usual, although really windy.

The Masters races brought home two state championship jerseys with Dr. Mike getting the 60+ for the third or fourth year in a row and Uncle Gary taking the 50+ jersey. Ms. Gina took home the women's cat 4 jersey, while her "man on the scene" Justin-Time got 5th in the cat 3 race.

My buddy Robert got 2nd place in the Masters 40+, as he lost to the "Big Man" himself, MikeZ. This was a feat in itself, as Robert doesn't train, he just races. That's it. So to be off the front in a two man break with a guy who logs tens of thousands of miles per year (little exaggeration in there) and to get beat at the line? I am proud of him.

I on the other hand, did some work for Robert in the 30/40+, and am still trying to get the cobwebs out of my head when it comes to racing. I am working on it, just taking longer than I want, I guess. I would up in 8th place for the Masters 30+ (4 better than last year) and 34th place in the cat 3 race (same as last year) Oh well, I am trying, believe me!


Uncle Gary winning the 50+ criterium



















Lining up for the 30+ & 40+ Crit












Robert off the front with the "Big Man"

The turtle, looking faster than he really is











Team Mack Team Photo





1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LUV YA BRO,BAZ CONNOR.SCOTLAND.

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home