Saturday, March 07, 2009

Yes, Even I Have Rules

I have rules for my blob: No off-colored words, at least two photos, try not to use people's real names to protect the guilty. That's pretty much it.

I am breaking one today, but just this once, as I am crunched on time, and wanted to get this out to my million(s) of fans, less nine-hundred ninety-nine thousand, nine hundred & ninety three, give or take some here and there.

Dateline, Bloomington, IL: Scheduled VQ workout with The Ratz. Lotte, The Badger, Coach Stan-O, The Man with Two First Names & The Turtle, aka me. were in full effect. We decided, due to the 67 degree temps, to go up to the "new" bike shop in town, which has been there for 356 years, and I never knew about it, although I lived in Bloomington for 8 years. I met the owner, Scott I believe, and toured the place. Nice, very friendly, low overhead, and probably the cleanest bathroom of ANY bike shop in the USA. To me, my opinion is that when you keep the pooper closet looking sparkling, I feel confident that you will go the extra mile when working on my many, many-thousands of dollars bikes.

Had about 15 of us, windy & nice. I played rabbit for some VO2 efforts, we rolled etc. CKelly, RodKnee, some strong dude from Proctor that I just met & myself went off the front through the hills into Danvers, IL. This was mostly due to CKelly following his coach's plan to a "T" and enjoying the rest day he was supposed to have, by pulling at the front at 700+ watts, until EVERYONE'S legs were ripped off.

One mile to go for the sprint, then there was three, CKelly, RodKnee & The Turtle. CKelly & RodKnee were trading jabs like two old french fencers, although with accuracy. I was looking for the nearest Iron Lung, as well as a spare set of quads. CKelly got "the grin" on his face, and launched with RodKnee & myself in tow. I looked down, and was in the draft of CKelly at 600+ watts. Crap!

Half mile to go, The Turtle was turtle soup. He had given his all, and could not keep up with the whipper-snapper, as I only have 285 road miles in for the year..........off the back of the trio, and collected a podium place of third. Man, those boys are in good shape!

We carried on for the remainder, I did some moves, everyone had fun. Would up with 3:07 hours, 55 miles, and tired. Did some really nice work, and getting jazzed back up for the season. It was AWESOME to get outdoors, hammering, sweating and being really tired at the end of the ride. Great time to be had by all, and I am glad I re-connected with the B-Town Thugs, as I call them.

Bike got a bathe tonight, then put to bed, ready to ride again tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home