Friday, January 09, 2009

Power to the People

Have been riding indoors, on the Computrainer, or CT. Sometimes, when I ride indoors like this, I have to do so many things to keep distracted, or I'll lose what little mind I have. I usually watch a movie on the screen in front of me, while the CT is to the right, racing against some pre-programmed computer dude.

When I ride with the VQ Ratz, we look at the multi-rider screen, to see where we are at etc. I put in the ipod, listen to tunes, play board games etc. just to keep my mind focused with the task on hand.

We have had "testing" this week, to see where our base is for fitness, compared to 3 months ago, when the season ended. Well, I was in pretty decent shape last time we tested, as racing season was just winding down. We did a 40 minute all out LT test on Tuesday, to determine the amount of power you can sustain, in watts for 40 minutes. I HATE this test, as I get bored after about 3 minutes. Long story short, I was 3/10th of a watt higher than 3 months ago. Not too bad I guess, figuring I have been doing more weightlifting & kettlebell than riding.

Lat night, we did the 4 minute VO2 max test, all out for 4 minutes & a maximum sprint test, ie: how much max power can you produce in an all out sprint. The 4 minute test was 8 watts less than my September testing or about 1.5% off, and the max sprint was 20 watts higher, or about 1.8% higher, but who really cares about the numbers? More indoor tomorrow am.............Cant wait!

So, I was thinking the other day, while riding indoors of course, mind wandering everywhere. Who would win a fist-fight between a badger and a hedgehog? Silly me, of course the hedgehog would win. BUT, what about if the hedgehog had a broken leg, in a cast, just to make it more even?

I still think the hedgehog would win.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home