Sunday, October 12, 2008

Reverse Bucket List

Road season is over. Been doing some cyclo-crossing the past few weeks to enjoy the weather, hang w/ my buds and have fun. Went out to Jubilee State Park last Thursday. Kind of disappointing. All of the rain this year has severely eroded the trails, and the main trail that I love was closed, due to a bridge being out and about some massive trees that fell. I'll be out at the Kickapoo recreation area, and then a couple of parks near my house for some cross intervals.




Went to a wedding last night for some dear friends of ours, LJ & Tim. LJ is no longer LJ, she's now LC, so I have to get used to that I guess. Really nice wedding & reception in Bloomington. The best part was: I danced! No, really, I danced. Like G&I danced our tails off. Not since my accident have I been able to dance due to wheelchairs, crutches & canes. It was awesome! Now, I do the "typical white guy" dance, but it was better than sitting on my duff. We slow danced, fast danced, even did the cha-cha or whatever they call it. Made me realize how much fun G&I have together in the things we do. This was one of the things to be accomplished post-accident, and I did it. Now, today, the screws and rods in my legs are feeling the after effect, but it was definitely worth it!




G&I between sets on the dance floor. Kind of like "Dancing with the Stars" except not really.












This morning I made "the call" to my trainer, Steve. I had been building up to this, because I know what he would say. I contacted him a couple of weeks ago, said the racing season is winding down, and I need to get into the gym, work on leg strength, core etc. He told me to call when I was ready. I did, and he followed it with "well, get your butt in here"!

I knew he would say that, so I am meeting him this afternoon, and start some strength, stretch, core, flexibility, yoga workouts.

Wish me luck, as he's kind of the no-excuse workout Nazi.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Kim says you're looking thin! Good on ya'! What's the deal with Kickapoo State Park -- is it going to close? I hear the trails there are great, bummer if Blago gets his way ...

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home