Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Lonely, I'm Mr. Lonely......

My VQ buddies are off at spring training camp in Solvang, CA. Coach Stan-O, The Badger & Dr. Reid are out riding with the VQ crew from VQ HQ in Chicago. I did not make the trip this time, although I still have the best memories from VQ Spring Training Camp in 2004.


Now, I am back in Central Illinois, by myself, looking at snow, wind, gloom, 30 degrees or less, and the indoor trainer, banging out hours, however painful.


Having a structured training regimen is a blast, so I guess you don't know what you've got till it's gone, especially beating The Badger at everything we do on the bike, and then rubbing his face in it.


Update: It will soon be March, and if you remember correctly, The Badger & myself had a bet, about the negative button? Well, I have not only NOT used the negative button, but have used the positive button, many a times. I have witnesses to this deed.


The bet, at least as I remember is that as long as I do not use the negative button, The Badger has to shave his entire body, including his head. I am quite confident that this will be an exhausting task, and the 4 oz. jar of shave cream, "normal skin" will need to be substituted for the 55 gallon drum, "extra-hairy"!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home