Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Two Buck Chuck

Did an outdoor ride last Saturday & Sunday. Dr. Mike & I hit the road on Saturday, and The Badger, Dr. Reid, Rob J. & myself braved the 24 degrees, overcast, 20+ mph. winds on Sunday, because we could. Two hours of frozen, and we earned bragging rights.

We learned very quickly that only the few, the brave & the stupid ride outdoors in that weather, unless we have a gun to our head. That being said, we shall do it again, and soon. I shall also beat The Badger for every "stop ahead" sign sprint, as this seems to be a reoccurring theme.

Back to the indoor grind last night w/ The Badger, Sweetie & The Young One. I, being the lazy one of the bunch had to do some detention work, and complete part of my squats, jump boxes, lunges and maximum sprints that I should have done on Monday night, but did not. Why didn't I do them Monday? Well, laziness is what it comes down to, and the fact that they are difficult to do, while asleep on the chair, watching a movie.

















So, we grind on, doing interval after interval. My friend Big Rob came by to cheer us on, and share our pain. I remember these from the winter of 03/04, and cannot believe how my mind was flashing back & forth. The others were wincing in pain with every pedal stroke. I was singing, clapping, sharing war stories from back in Nam. Once the 7th, 5 minute interval was complete, I asked Coach Stan-O when the workout starts, now that we have warm up completed? Just then, my friend Pain came by, and tapped my on the shoulder, just to say HI! I invited him to come over last night, and stay for the evening. I politely asked him to leave this am, and he did not. He's still here, and I think he's going to be here for a little while longer. Light spin tonight should be a clue for Pain to hit the road for a while, maybe not. Either way, I am the best, because I am a winner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home