Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!

I've been busy. Sorry for the lack of updates. Between a wonderful Christmas & New Year, I have found my "sweet spot" of laziness. Back to business now I guess. I said that once the new year came, and I could still train as I wanted, then I would. Kind of a small benchmark, but it came, went, and no problemo's to speak of as of yet.

Back to training. Our VQ Coaching group, ie: The VQ Ratz as we have been named has been meeting regularly for training. Coach Stan-O, The Badger, Dr. Reid, The Young One, Myself (The Turtle) and a newbie as of last Saturday, Sweetie. Sweetie is a nice guy who is a semi-pro triathlete & higher education learning material manager for a large learning institution in Central Illinois. He competes in some big race in Hawaii once per year, I think it is called The Ironman? Maybe you have heard of it. It's some grueling million hour death march where you swim like 50 miles, bike 3000 miles, then run 4 marathons, back to back, or something like that. It seems that you have to be pretty tough to do this race, or at least be able to walk 18 holes of a golf course with a 12- handicap.
The turtle has no mental endurance for more than 50 minutes of 30+ miles per hour plus 3 laps, so this Ironman thing does not work. Plus, turtles can swim fast, but run really slow. Just ask Mr. Hare.
Dr. Reid took a bunch of great shot's last night w/ the sophisticated camera, but are way too large to post on the Blob, so here are some for your entertainment purposes.

Badger & Miss Karen w/ their fur children


Pre-Surgery w/ Dr. Maxey
Sock Monkey, Uncle Gary & Me!
Winter ride late last year in Springfield

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home