Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Promises Made, Promises Kept (Continued)















Well, I made a promise, and I can keep part of it. Here's the rollercoaster & leprauchaun.

We have been banging out maximum wattage at the VQ HQ at Coach Stan-O's & The Badger's Den lately. All done indoors on the crafty computrainer, hours per time. I brought the CT up to "almost" 50 mph. last night on a no-resistance setting. Why? Have no clue, but it was fun.

Sweetie sent me an e-mail the other day, commenting on The Badger's good looks & young stature from the photos posted on my Blob. He stated that the pic's must have been taken years ago, or air-brushed to make him appear younger. Sweetie has been with our group for a limited time, but I believe he is catching on quickly. He has begun to toss out the jabs, like a hand-grenade into a fox hole. Ouch! This does not affect The Badger, as he has a thick hide of fur, resilient to insults (and small children), however thinly veiled as a "polite jab". Heck, I try to get under his fur every chance I get w/ some smart comment, and it rolls off like mercury on a slanted glass table.
Back in the day, when I was pumping morphine like a weightlifter pumps iron, I made a promise to my friend & teammate, Robert. Spring Training in Tuscon! Well, it was a great idea for both of us, but 2005, 2006 & 2007 came & went, with no training camp. This was due to my inability to not have a broken tibia. Robert & I have been chatting for the past few months. Plane tickets have been purchased & reservations have been made for sleep & eats. We are FINALLY doing it. Sun, desert, Mt. Lemmon, all fun. I cannot wait! This will be awesome!













This is what I will look like after the trip. Fast, lean & tan.

Ok, maybe not, but at least I keep my promises.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home