Friday, November 02, 2007

So it is written, and so it shall be done!

G & I spent the week last week in Cave Creek, AZ w/ our friends Barb, Ric & their daughter Gracy. They go way back w/ G, and I have known them a long time, since G thought we were serious enough dating back then, to introduce me to her friends. Mission is as follows: Ride my bike & have fun. That's it. No other agenda, period.
OK, eating great food & knocking back a few cervezas' was on the list, but not on the agenda. Ric, Barb & Gracy are wonderful people who extended their home to us for 5+ days, along with their dog Bubba, who I have named S'Bubba, because I can.

This is what 8am looked like for me most days on the bike. Hills, desert, cactus, lizards & lots of climbing!
The "Girls" went out to lunch one afternoon to reminisce. I decided to go see them, as the infamous "Aunt Stacy" was going to be there. Aunt Stacy is a long time friend of G's, and we became friends as well. The last time I saw her was at her wedding 5 years & 2 children ago. Aunt Stacy & her mom, Mrs. Stacy are pretty silly and a great time to be with!


Me, G & S'Bubba. He's a 150lb. Bull Mastiff. He's also a big wimp. He's afraid of the dark and will not go outside if it is too cold out. He also makes a great pillow for naptime!














This is a bad photo of Gracy, which will come back to haunt her one day, when she is walking across the stage picking up her diploma from Harvard Medical or MIT School of Engineering. She's a sharp 12 year old.

Me & Gracy hanging out. Check out my crazy shamrock lounge pants! That will tell you mood of our trip: Relaxed, mellow & silly.
I helped Ric clean the poop out of the horse stalls in the afternoons. I didn't take me long to figure out that Croc's aren't appropriate footwear in the stalls. Next time, I'll have to get a pair of cowboy boots.
Overall, great trip. Outside of what could have been a real serious crash Tuesday am. when my rear tire blew out at 35 mph & hit the pavement, hard, we enjoyed great friends, great food, great dog's & horses, wonderful miles on the road and a HUGE mental doughnut for me & G.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home